This last weekend I made my way over to the west side of the state. I made the trip there all on my own and even handled I-5 traffic solo. This was my first time going over the mountains alone and taking on traffic alone. I survived and I am so happy about it.
The purpose of this trip was to go to Poulsbo for friend's wedding because I was one of her bridesmaids. However, the first stop I made on the trip was at Rachel's house. Stopping at Rachel's was so much fun because I got to see how cute she looks pregnant, visit with her, and see their new house, which is super cute and perfect for them! Rachel made the best salad. I can't remember what she called it but it had great flavor and tasted so fresh. It had corn, cilantro, black beans and lots of other things in it. It was so good. I was sad to leave her house Friday morning. I seriously believe Rachel and I could talk for days and days about crafts and projects. But now that I know how easy it is to drive on my own to her house, I may be making more appearances at her house. Rachel is one of my dearest college friends and I miss not living in Pullman where we could workout together and craft whenever we wanted! I meant to get a picture with Rachel, but it just didn't happen. :(
Once I got up to Poulsbo, the wedding festivities begun! We got mini pedicures and manicures. I felt like a little princess sitting in the big comfy chair getting pampered. I loved it. I also really loved having my hair and makeup done before the wedding. Laura did an awesome job picking nail, hair, and makeup stylists to take care of us. The stylists did an amazing job making everyone look beautiful! If you look at the picture, I think you'll agree that we were a gorgeous group! We are gorgeous in more ways than one, though. We are gorgeous inside and out and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know each one of Laura's bridesmaids better. Some I had met before while others I had not. Nonetheless, each girl is great and so different from the other. It is sort of funny to think that a bride could have such a diverse group by her side, but it shows how diverse and interesting Laura is herself!
When I think back about my friend's wedding day, I smile about two things--how happy they were to get married and the pink robes Laura gave us bridesmaids. I liked my robe very much, but it was hard to warm up to the idea of wearing it out of the hotel room. I did it, though, because everyone else was doing it and it was what Laura wanted. I still giggle a little when I think about the fact that I wore a pink satin robe with only a bra
and spanks underneath to the hair salon. I laugh harder when I remember that I wore that into the grocery store and through the hotel lobby and parking lot. Since I can laugh about it, I guess it really wasn't that bad...it was FUN! People loved it...they could stare at and think what they wanted or they could exclaim "Look how cute those bridesmaids are. Congrats to the Bride!" The robes really did add an extra bit of fun to the day and I enjoyed wearing mine everywhere!
The other super fun part of Laura's wedding was the photo booth. I loved the props and made an appearance in a few poses. I also had a blast taking pictures of others in the photo booth. This picture, though, is my favorite because Laura, the bride, is in it! The booth was super cute. It consisted of three old doors, a church bench, pillows, a chandelier, and tons of fun props like hats, sunglasses, and mustaches. The booth was a hit for sure!!
Sure there were a couple stressful moments during my adventure to the west side but everything from lane changes to hair and decorations being set up worked out! It was a fun weekend and I am so happy I got to be a part of my friend's big day!



No comments:
Post a Comment