Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thrifting and A Sweater Project

Thrifting with Rachel Argo is always successful!!  We find the best finds.  On Tuesday we hit up two thrift stores in Pullman because I had decided that morning I needed a few things for dressing up for Halloween.  While picking out my 80s Jazzercise attire, my mind began to other cool and great things I could make with things at the store.  Before long, I had a hand full of costume pieces that all matched perfectly and another hand full of items that included a dress for a wedding and an old sweater for a couple projects.  Costume pictures will be revealed next week.

The sweater I picked out was for making leg warmers and a scarf out of.  As soon as I got home from the thrift store and gym, I went right to work with my scissors and hot glue gun to make these warm and cozy pieces.  I'm glad I did too because it is freezing here in Pullman.  I'm really happy with how well this thrift store find worked out.  I also think I am pretty crafty, especially, with the help of pinners on Pinterest!  I used the sleeves for the leg warmers and the body for the scarf.


The best find, though, was this old travel jewelry clutch.  Rachel and I are pretty sure its older and vintage because of its inside.  It's like mustard colored but it is super adorable.  Once I picked it up at the thrift store, there was no way I was leaving there without it.  It was just too cute and I wanted it. 


Pullman's thrift stores are pretty good.  At least I think so.  After all, I always find what I'm looking for and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment