Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bottles and Windows

When I'm on Pinterest, I always see these great decorations made out of old glass bottles and window frames.  They make me want to craft!

So I took an old window frame from my grandma's old barn and started redoing it.  First, I cleaned it up.  Then I painted it this soft yellow color and added these adorable flower hooks that can be used for hanging coats or aprons.  After that, it sat for a few weeks as I searched for the perfect finishing touches, which I found at a thrift shop in Idaho and on Pinterest.  I got the hanging bottle vase idea at a thrift shop and the criss-crossed twine with clothes clips idea off Pinterest.  I think it is so cute and will be great in either a kitchen or entry way!

This bottle vase idea came to me as picked through dozens of old bottles at a thrift store.  I wanted this one bottle and then I wanted that one other little one.  I kept picking out bottles and waned them all.  However, I didn't know what I would do with them at home.  After sitting on the floor with my friend for several minutes and lining random bottles up, the idea just struck me...I would make a stair step flower vase!  When I got the bottles home, I lined them up tallest to shortest and tied twine around them.  It turned out so pretty! 

I had a lot of fun making these two projects and can't wait to start the next project that pops into my head!  Should be a good one whatever it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment