A weekend spent with horses is about the best thing ever! And it's even better when when you get to spend time with family and friends at the same time.
As many of you know, my sister and family had to say good bye to Erin's horse Hotrod about two months ago. It was a very sad thing and we miss him because he was such a cool and great horse. HotRod left us with many wonderful memories that will make him impossible to forget. He will always be my favorite buckskin, which is what I always whispered in his ear as he headed into the show ring with my sister. He would then always perform well. Who knows if it was my "you're my favorite buckskin" pep talk or not
Erin and HotRod two years ago.
I'm going to say it was, though, and now I am going to have to whisper "you're my favorite dun" into Chuckee's ear. Chuckee is Erin's new horse, and he is my favorite dun colored horse ever! I can say that because I've met quite a few duns at buckskins shows with Erin and HotRod, especially, last summer. Chuckee is young, sweet, easy going, and in love with my sister. He's perfect and just what Erin needed after loosing her best friend, HotRod.
Erin and Chuckee.
Last weekend is when Chuckee came home to our farm, and I got to be there. Waiting for him to get home was like waiting for a new baby, and meeting him for the first time was just like meeting a new baby...so super nerve racking and exciting!! But it was the best because I got to be with my family and our horses.
My friend Beth on Slick, and Daisy and I.
Beautiful! So happy for you all. Cara, you are such an amazing sister to Erin, and a wonderful cousin to me! I am so blessed to have such an amazing family. Love you.
ReplyDelete