Friday, March 30, 2012

First Fall

So I've got a list of "First Falls."  Falling off my bike, falling while running, falling in the snow, and falling off a curb are all included in this list. 

Last weekend, I got to add another fall to the list.  This first fall was off my horse, Daisy.  And, boy, did it hurt and shake my little body up!  We have had horses for 8 years and I have had Daisy for 4 years.  Last weekend was my first fall off a horse...I'd say one fall every 8 years is something I can deal with.  However, I did not want to fall because falling off a horse is a long ways, especially, when the ground below is hard.  I tried my hardest to stay on as Daisy spooked unexpectedly, but then realized I just couldn't do it, even though, I was putting all my might into staying on.  When I realized I didn't have it in me to stay on, I let go of the reins and let myself kind of cannon ball fall off onto my right side.  Pain hit instantly, but nothing was broken!  I hit my head and thank goodness I'm smart and wear a helmet when I ride because my head hurt for the next few days.  It would have been much worse with out a helmet.  I also ended up with a very sore neck, rib cage, abs, arm, and hip.  Amazingly, only one little puny bruise showed up on my hip.  I keep expecting to see more, but it has been a week so I think the bruising stage has come and gone.  The only thing that is still sore is my bad hip, which seems to hurt if I simply look at it in the mirror. 

Falling was scary, but getting back on Daisy wasn't.  I got right back on Daisy and we carried on like nothing had happened.  I also can't wait to ride again!!

Thanks to everyone who has been concerned with how I was doing after this first fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment