As an eighth grader, my family made a trip to New York and we went to ground zero. Three years later debris was stilling being cleaned up, surrounding buildings were still in disrepair, and people were leaving memorabilia on the fence around the site. It was a sad site to see. There were people crying and embracing one another. I know that there were people crying and hugging each other today at ground zero. September 11, 2001 affected America greatly, and I am certain that there will be people visiting the site every day who will cry.
I found the image above earlier today and thought it was a good symbol for representing the attacks of 9/11. I know this isn't my best post, but it is still hard to put words to what happened ten years ago because it is still so shocking that people would do such a thing.
I am very proud to be an American and am thankful for those who defend the United States of America!

No comments:
Post a Comment