This year I used signing up for the Cherry Bomb Run as motivation to start running again. My goal was to run the whole two miles. This little goal probably sounds silly, as it does to me, as I was a four time individual state qualifier for the cross country championships in high school, hold a record for my high school for fastest woman's time at state, have run a half marathon, and have completed a good handful of triathlons among other races. Two miles really isn't that far, but it is tough when it hurts to run and you start getting ready 3 weeks before the race. I met my goal! And have not ran at all in the 3 days since.
After the race, I pulled the pooper scooper wagon through the parade behind Erin and Chuck. This was Erin and Chuck's first parade together as Erin rode as 2013 Colorama Rodeo Queen. The two of them as a pair is a pretty sight and they sure got lots of waves and "they're so pretty" from the crowd.
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Fourth of July, and got to enjoy some fireworks!
No comments:
Post a Comment