Tuesday, April 2, 2013

31 Days and "The Answer"

 
Ok everyone!  Tomorrow marks thirty-one days until graduation!  We can do this!  Go Cougs!


So besides that update, I have decided it is time to answer that question of "Cara, what are you doing after graduation" publicly.  As my friend Jordyn said last weekend, "what are you doing after graduation" is the question of the decade.  At this point, I think it may be ten years from the date of my college graduation to decide what I want to kind of be when I grow up.

Here it is.  Today I checked the "I will NOT be attending Heritage University in August 2013" box.  That means I have declined a slot in the Clinical Laboratory Science Program there.  I made this decision based on my experience and feelings while interviewing there.  I simply did not feel it, and knew that saying "Yes" based on the excitement of being accepted to something was not the right reason to accept a spot.  I just left my interview and tour not sold on that training being who I wanted to become as a professional in health care. 

So the plan rolls on as this:  I will be at home through the summer working on the farm, riding horses, going to riding lessons and rodeos, and sewing and crafting as needed for others and myself.  I will also be looking for a part time job to start in the fall; this is because I will be taking classes.  (If someone knows of part time work, let me know!)  I have yet to decide if I will take the three classes I need for nursing school at Big Bend or Wenatchee or if I will pursue a Masters in Health Administration online through Penn State or St. Josephs University.  Health Administration is something I have glanced at over the last couple years, and after my interview at Heritage I was more drawn to it.  I am going to continue researching my options, and check into things that I could use to build off my Horticulture minor as well.  I am a strong candidate for all fields, but I need to find where my heart will be happiest.

There you have it, my most current answer to "The Question of the Decade."  Remember, though, I am allowed to change my mind, and I just might depending on how I feel.

2 comments:

  1. You will find your way :) No worries.
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good catching up with you this morning! I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete