Although Christmas Break is a break from school, it is far from being easy going and calm. My family and I have kept plenty busy with baking, having people visit, riding horses, decorating, sewing, cleaning, and going places.
Here are images that sum up the business, craziness, and happiness of the holiday season!
Sledding behind Chuck horse the morning after the first holiday snow. It was a blast. Before long Chuck was giving rides to the whole family! He is such a good, strong, and easy going young horse!
My ginger bread village. I powered through building this by cheating just a bit and using a hot glue gun to attach the house pieces together. Thanks to Erin for her brilliant idea of using the glue gun!
As a Christmas tradition, I make cinnamon rolls Christmas Eve and let them rise overnight in the fridge so that my family can have fresh baked cinnamon rolls while opening gifts Christmas morning. This year I did things a little differently...I made them as cupcakes using Paula Dean's Apple Cinnamon Roll Cupcake recipe. They turned out to be pretty good and yummy!
My favorite Christmas gift this year was this purple and specially designed bronc halter Erin had made for Daisy. Erin chose purple to match the other purple things I have gotten for Daisy. She also choose to have the purple daisies on the halter be hand painted on and she chose purple and AB crystals for the conchos. It is very pretty and Daisy looks so proud when we put it on her. I love it!
Christmas break has been a good one, and I am so happy I have a few more days left to finish up projects and rest before starting my last undergrad semester at WSU.
Merry Christmas and Happy 2013!!





No comments:
Post a Comment