Wednesday, June 29, 2011

On my way to Nampa, ID

I saw something I'd never seen before.  It was quite a sight, and it made my passenger and I laugh very hard.  It began with a jacked up, lime green, four door Dodge pickup stopped in the certain of the on ramp on Interstate 84.  We saw the truck stopped from a distance and as we passed we saw this old grungy man climbing into the bed of the truck.  It appeared that he was going to lay down on everything else that was piled in the truck bed.  What made this sight strange was the fact that it was in the middle of no where and there weren't any other people outside the truck.

After we drove by, I kept watching in my review mirror.  The truck finally entered the road way and caught up to us.  I had my friend get the camera out because I wanted a picture of what I was about to see. 

When the truck passed by, five smiling country boys waved at my friend and I.  I know they saw the camera because they took their speed down a notch, which made it easy to capture this picture.
Yes, the man did end up laying down in the truck.  Yes, his eyes are closed, but I don't know how they could be.  I would be scared to death riding in the bed of a truck at 70mph in a truck with a cab full of boys!  Yes, that is a large suit case teetering on the tool box and could easily fall on him if stopped quick or turned too sharp.

I understand that the man is probably homeless, and if that is the case it was kind of those boys to give him a ride.  I just had to catch a picture of this because it reminded me of those crazy stories others share about the things they see out on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment